Friday, July 1, 2011

First con tommorow



Tomorrow I am going to anime expo, which will be my first expo/con I've gone to. Candy Treat hasn't come in the mail yet, so I'll be wearing my bodyline soft cream JSK in mint.


For my bodyline coord, I altered a blouse from H&M to go under it, and I think it came out nicely. It certainly saved me a ton of money. If I had gone the cheap route and ordered one from bodyline, it would have cost at least $50 to ship it out here. Instead I spent about $8 on the shirt and the lace and did it myself. I'll also be wearing my wig from gothic and lolita wigs, and circle lenses from thedollyeye.com I have no idea how to put in lenses, so it'll be quite the adventure. I'm also really excited to wear my rocking horse shoes outside, as I've only been able to prance around the house in them. I also made a crap load of hair accessories out of polymer clay.



The girl I bought Candy Treat from waited to ship the dress, as she lives in Canada and did not want it to get stuck in the mail because of the postal strike. Pretty good idea, but it'll make it just days late. I guess thats a good thing, because it let me finish up the soft cream coord, which I would have all but abandoned if I had my Angelic Pretty .


 I'm going to a lolita meetup at the expo and I'm trying not to be nervous about it! I just have to keep telling myself I'll look just as good as the other girls, as I think I have the anatomy of the outfit down.  I've only met a few other lolitas, and they were really cool, and I'm hoping the others are too. I hate to admit it but I would feel more comfortable if I was wearing brand, but I think soft cream is one of bodylines better pieces, and I have the coord down properly (I hope!)  Im excited! Photos to come. I'm also super excited about all the kawaii shopping I'm going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment