Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Jury Duty Blues

Today, I'm stuck in jury duty, missing out on work. I'm pretty mad about that. To top it off, the county's wifi won't let me accesses facebook or livejournal. That means no EGL sales browsing today. I thought I'd share my plans for my Candy treat coord, and also post my next dream dress. 
As posted in an earlier blog, this is the candy treat set that I recently bought:
There are a lot of colors going on here, but I'll be using the color blue to coordinate this dress. Blue will be my secondary color. 

This is the wig I plan on wearing with this dress:
The wig is a blue and pink split, and as you can see it is predominantly blue. I think the pink bow will coordinate nicely with the blue of the wig.

This is the bag I'll be using:
I'm buying this from the girl that runs kawaii goods. She's giving it to me for $75 shipped, which is a great deal. The Candy Treat bag on Angelic Pretty's website sold out before I could buy it, so this is a lovely alternative. It's not very functional with my mint pieces, (I discovered I love the mint colorway and want almost everything in it)  but I'm still happy I got such a deal from kawaii goods. 

These are the shoes I'll be wearing: 
I bought them in sax. These cost a whopping $90 to buy and ship out here, as I need them by comic con. I was initially planning on buying sax tea party shoes, but I fell in love with the way rocking horse shoes look after wearing them at AX. Their such a pain in the ass to walk in though!!! :-)

I bought  a light blue Ann Taylor blouse at the thrift store, and I'm going to alter it with lace and buttons.

As for accessories, I've already made some lollypop pieces for my hair.  I also want to incorporate smarties candy into my outfit. I'm going to make smarties bracelets, as well as probably glue them onto something stupid like wristcuffs. I made wristcuffs for my soft cream coord, but didn't end up wearing them. I'm kind of sick of making wristcuffs. I also want to incorporate jelly beans, and conversation hearts into the coord as well. I bought Candy Treat because I was amazed with the amount of things I'd be able to make for it. So far, I've been relatively lazy with completing it all. Maybe, once I see the dress in person, I'll become more motivated. 

And of course, no OTT sweet look is complete without circle lenses. I bought some violet circle lenses from thedollyeye.com. Right now their having a $!5 deal. That $15 includes shipping too, which is pretty nice

Anyway, this dress is next in line for me:
Jewelry Jelly! I don't know what it is about this print, but I love it. I don't even like jello. Theres no way I'd be able to make jelly themed accessories, but I love this colorway! The pink and blue would coordinate in the dress well with the accessories I already have for Candy Treat. 

If I put away $120 from each pay check, I'll have enough for another Angelic Pretty dress in about a month and a half. I'll have enough left over for hopefully a bag or shoes or something. Its really fun living off of $40 a week, haha.




No comments:

Post a Comment