Thursday, September 1, 2011

My 2AM rant

So I mentioned that I'd quit the egl sales thing for a while.

I had a feeling that I'd find something I'd love, and wouldn't be able to buy it.

Yesterday, I decided I'd go on EGL sales just for shits and giggles. I decided if I found Jewelry Jelly, I'd just throw it on the card and pay it back on the 10th, as I worked a couple extra days last pay period and would be able to afford it. So I spent all of last night looking for it. I looked through google images to find old egl sales, and I emailed the girls that were trying to sell the dress a few months to a year ago to see if they still had the JSK. They had all sold theirs since then.

I looked for it because I had a feeling that I initially banned myself from EGL because I knew deep down it would go up during these 2 weeks. As stupid as it sounds, I get weird feelings when it comes to stuff like that. Sometimes, I'd get a hankering to go to the thrift store, and when I do I always find the best stuff. I found a pair of $20 original made in England Doc Martins last time I got the feeling. I can also always find blouses that go perfectly with my JSK's at thrift stores, in the exact colors I need and size. Kind of weird how that happens, but I'm not complaining.

Anyway, on to my trife. Is that even a word? Lol

Tonight, I decided to go on Angelic Poodle, which is kind of like EGL sales, but has AP sales only. And what the fuck do I find? Jewelry Jelly. In the black colorway. My heart was pounding out of my chest! I scroll down to the comments, and find that it's been sold! The sale went up the night before last, and the JSK sold last night. If I had only looked at Angelic Poodle at the same time I was doing my google image searches, I might have gotten to it first. I know the LJ user who bought it though, so at least it didn't go to some random person. I know she'll look great in it, as she's total bittersweet inspiration. Hopefully she'll decide she doesn't like it and re-sell it. I'll just have to troll her sales.

UGH

There is apparently going to be some sort of lolita swap meet at the Pacific Media Expo this November. One of the girls who I met in Little Tokyo is organizing it. I am going to have to put the rest of my money away during the next two months in preparation for that. Maybe I'll be able to find Jewelry Jelly then, who knows. What I do know is, is that I will appreciate it that much more when I finally do get it.
November is also my boyfriend's birthday, so I really do need to save a lot of money in preparation for that too. Me glad for raise. Yar gar gar gar.

No comments:

Post a Comment