Sunday, September 11, 2011

My Purchases this Pay Period...amongst other things

This Friday, I went on a day trip to Los Angeles with my friend Lorena. I dressed in my Bodyline Soft Cream casual coord. We met our friend in Hollywood and took the train out to downtown LA to go to Santee Alley. I learned something from this experience. NEVER wear RHS when plodding around down town. My everything hurt. My eyeballs hurt from my circle lenses. I have never been so uncomfortable in lolita! Needless to say I'm going to throw away those lenses and invest in some that are meant to last longer. I had to buy a pair of pink heart sunglasses in Santee Alley so I could rip my lenses and false lenses out!
Me and Lorena 
This is how my casual coord came out. I wore my head bow far too back on my head, it should have been up more towards my bangs.

I dont particularly like this picture because of how shoddy my wig looks due to the placement of the bow so I blocked out my face. I had to throw this in here though because of my Melty Chocolate bag!
                                        I really need to restore that wig before I wear it again!


I got a lot of weird reactions to my outfit.  Some people told me Happy Halloween, one weird guy told me my outfit was "erotic even though I was covered up" (at which point we turned around and ran the other way) while some people actually liked it and knew I was wearing lolita.

Now on to me' purchases:

I could have easily bought a camera if I hadn't bought these things a few days ago:

MERRY MAKING TIME!
I suppose you could consider Merry Making Time an impulse buy as I didn't actually plan on on purchasing it. I saw it on the egl sales a day before in ivory and decided I liked the print, but hated the colorway. When I saw this one on egl I decided to buy it because I like the bitter sweet prints, and as far as I know, this print isn't replicated. 
Candy Treat 
I bought these socks because I felt they'd coordinate better with Memorial Cake better than my Toy Fantasy socks. The colors in these socks are somewhat subdued, while the colors in Toy Fantasy are almost neon colored. Neon would clash with the colors in Memorial Cake.

As for my coordination plan for this, I will be able to use a lot of the pieces I already own. I can coordinate this with blue by wearing my blue RHS, blouse, wig, and candy bag. I can also coordinate this with pink by wearing my pink RHS and Melty Chocolate bag. 




And remember my sadness over Royal Chocolate? A few days ago, AP posted that their San Francisco store had just gotten a shipment of Royal Chocolate socks. I jumped out of my seat, got my wallet, and ordered a pair. I then left my wallet at the computer, and forgot to bring it with me to 7-11 the next day. hahaha.  I bought them in mint. They'll go nicely with my Soft Cream JSK.  I can't find a pic of them in mint for the life of me, so here they are in pink again:
Royal Chocolate
They sold out almost immediately afterwords!


My last purchase of this pay period is this koala ring from etsy:
I got it in pink! So cute!


I'm still yet to buy my mint tea parties. I think I'll buy them next pay period, as well as a cheap camera. 

No comments:

Post a Comment