Sunday, February 26, 2012

Event Photos/Scarlet Tea Room Review

As I posted earlier, Febuary has been busy with events.
On Wednesday I walked in my first fashion show at Royal T for a Tune in Tokyo event.

The whole experience was....blah.
For a couple of reasons.
First, I put my makeup on in the dark. Since I'm pretty unskilled, it came out looking pretty bad. I also had a circle lens malfunction, so I had to go without those. Also at the last min. I stupidly decided to wear my JSK the normal way, instead of wearing it as a halter like I normally do. Because of my size, when I wear most JSK's as they should be worn, they are too unporportionate and short. Because of that I ended up looking stocky and unportional. Additionally, I should not have left those two peices of hair out of my wig. It would have looked fine without that.
On to the group pic!
Everyone else looked fabulous! You can totaly see how my pettis are not proportionate at all. On the bright side, it was amazing getting to see a lot of the local girls together in one place.


So I learned from that experience and learned what not to do if there is a next time.

On Saturday, the Valentines Tea rolled around. I wore my Chocolate Chess coord. I love Chocolate Chess more than any other JSK I own, it's fits so beautifully and I actually feel comftrable in it.

Here I am with the lovely Sharon!

And here's a group shot:


The event was hosted by Molly and Paige, who are located on the far left. They did an excelent job through the whole thing. From picking the venue to organizing the event, it all went off wonderfully. They even had lolita themed bingo, which was a lot of fun!

On to my review of the tea house!
The Scarlet Tea Room is located off of Green Street in Pasadena, right on the outskirts of Old Town. The accesability is alright, I had to park in a structure and paid $6 for the whole time, which isn't too bad. As for the price of the tea itself, I paid $35. It included 3 courses.
The first course was scones and preserves. There were four different types of scones to choose from, and I had a chocolate chip one. It was amazing!
After the scones, we were given tea sandwich trays. The sandwiches were roast beef, turkey/cranberry,chicken pesto, and some apple thing. I ate the first three but not the apple one. The three sandwiches that I did eat were very good!
Later we had some sort of berry thing. It was pretty good too, though I have no idea what it is called.
So the price included the food, tax and tip. I thought it was a bit steep, but the atmosphere in the tea room was pretty nice compared to others I've been to, so I didn't mind too much. There was a man on the piano and the whole place was really clean.

That's it for now. Next week I'll be attending another meetup at the Huntington Library in San Marino. I'm pretty excited about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment