Saturday, December 3, 2011

December Plans

Righty O then. It's December already. There are a few things going on this month that I'm pretty excited about.

First, on December 9th, 6% Doki Doki will be in Los Angeles at Royal T. Royal T was where the first meet up I attended was. 6% is a fairy kei company, who specialize in crazy off the wall fashion. 
6% also carries the over the top sparkly star clips, and I'm hoping to be able to snag one or two. 
I'll hopefully be able to get these in blue, as I already have pink chocomint stars. Though I wouldn't mind getting both.
Candy is one of the themes of this event, therefore Candy Treat will be perfect for this. I hope I have enough time to make some new candy jewelry for the event.

The second event I'll be attending this month is a huge Christmas-time meetup. The meet is being organized by a couple of the local girls, and it is so huge that people from all over the state are attending. There is going to be a secret santa, tea, games, and lots of other crazy stuff. 
I'm going to wear Milky Berry to this event. I am scrambling to finish up this coordinate, I bought what I thought were mint shoes and they turned out to be lime green.  I'm also pretty busy getting my secret santa gift together. 
In addition to everything, I am also going to attempt to sell some of my cupcake charms during the swap meet. I'm planning on opening my "cupcake" shop after the new year, and want to see if lolitas would buy my product. Here's a quick example of some of my earlier work: 
I made these before I knew anything about jewelry binding, which is why the tops are just sticking out like they are. But my plan is to make 20 peppermint cupcakes, and test them out on the lolita community. The problem with selling such things to lolitas is that most of them know how to craft sweets. But most lolita cupcakes are just gobs of fake whipped cream with pearls and cabochons sticking out of them. Mine kind of look like the ones that moms bake for their kids birthday parties. I'm hoping the realistic look will give me some sort of competitive edge. We'll see, I'm not going to get my hopes up too much. More photos to come! 



No comments:

Post a Comment