Sunday, December 4, 2011

Milky Berry Mixup!

In my last post, I mentioned that I bought the wrong shoes for Milky Berry. Therefore, I have to go back and change a lot of my plans for the coordinate. 


I finally decided to buy my mint shoes during Bodyline's $1 shipping deal. These shoes came out to $34 shipped, so I thought I was getting a great deal. Here is a stock picture of the shoes I got, the mine are on the far left under the yellow ones. 

Here's my photo of the shoes, please pardon my crappy picture as I use the webcam on my mac. 
The problem with these shoes is that they are lime green. You can't really see it in the picture, but the color is terrible looking.  They aren't the nice mint color that Milky Berry is. They do not coordinate with the outfit at all. 

I decided that I needed a new pair of shoes and quick, being that the Christmas meet is less than a month away. Luckily, Bodyline's shipping promotion was good all of November, so I broke down and bought 
red shoes. 
I figured if I was going to go against my original coordinate plan of mint shoes, I may as well buy them in a style that I love. I bought the red RHS in the top right. 

So that leaves me with the question of mint at the bottom of the coord. With my Berry Berry socks and my red shoes, I have jack shit for mint towards the bottom, leaving me with an unbalanced coordinate. Luckily, thanks to etsy, I was able to find some beautiful, felt shoe clips in the perfect color. I should be able to remove the red ribbons from the RHS, and clip these on. While small, these clips should hopefully balance out the red and mint. I am also considering gluing on some pretty crystals to make these stand out a bit more. 


Now for some other junk I've added to the Milky Berry coordinate. 

I recently bought this cardigan on the egl sales. I am planning on altering the sleeves so they are not flared. I may change out the ribbons too, as they are a little frayed (the cardigan is used)  I may also have to take it in a bit, but I'll decide as soon as I get it. 

Of course, wearing an all red cardigan will offset the mint towards the top of the coord. Therefore, I am planning on buying some mint fluffy stars to attach to the cardigan.
Fluffy stars are wonderful, because they make great coordinate pieces. 

A few weeks ago, I bought an AP novelty necklace. It looks just like my pink Tokimeki, but it's a bit longer. I bought the red one in the middle. Turns out Angelic Pretty was giving these away during a promotion some time ago, which is why I got it for pretty cheap at about $30. <Normally Angelic Pretty jewelry is a hell of a lot more expensive than that> 
I also got some gold Chocomint stars in the same sale, which will go nicely with Milky Berry.



As for home made accessories, I am planning on making the following things:

1)  Large vanilla bean ice cream scoop ring with strawberry syrup 
2) Strawberry tart hair clip 
3) Red and white polka-dotted bows to match the bows in the print. 
4) Red wristcuffs 

Once I get a camera I'll be able to take pictures of all of the accessories I make for my coords. :)








1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to see your Milky Berry Coord!
    You chose wonderful accessories. I love the chocomint stars... red and mint is such a cool color combination.

    ReplyDelete