Thursday, November 17, 2011

My hair is blonde. Dyed blonde.

After nearly 2 years of not touching my hair with any color, I finally got fed up with my natural hair color. So I bleached it.

Bleached the shit out of it. <It only took about 15 minuets to lighten to this color>




I stopped dying my hair in 2009 because I decided that I didn't want to adhere to societal standards of beauty (i.e: the typical "beautiful woman" in the media has platinum blonde hair) So I grew out my natural hair, but as of late I've realized why I dyed it in the first place. 

I now feel so much better about myself. I hated the way my natural hair looked like crap all the time, even when it was styled. The bleach changed the cellular structure of my hair shaft, so hopefully it'll keep styling better. I also picked up some gloss styling serum with the bleach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment