Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Random Wednesday Post

Well, pay day is in two hours, and I've already spent most of that money already. How do you spend money you don't have yet, one may ponder. Well, I did so with my credit card and a nice EGL seller.

Please don't think me irresponsible. I am not one of those people who is in a crazy amount of debt. When I first started in lolita, I promised myself I would not buy with money I don't have. Therefore, I do not make purchases on my credit card unless I know exactly when I will be able to pay them off.


Which is why I bought my bag. I was so paranoid about this selling out on AP's website before I got paid, so I woke up Saturday morning and decided to put it on my credit card. I'm going to pay it off tomorrow morning when I wake up. Just for kicks, heres a picture of it again:
I did mention that I had nothing to coordinate this with, but I'll be able to coordinate with my black soft cream skirt. The brown may look a little off next to the black, but it should be OK.

Then, as I was browsing the EGL sales earlier, I came across this Angelic Pretty headband. I am invoiced already for it, and the seller agreed to let me pay for it in the morning after my direct deposit comes.
One of the lovely ladies from the Little Tokyo meet had this headband in pink x mint. I thought it was so pretty. After finding this on EGL, I spent about an hour debating with myself wether or not I should buy it. In the end what sold me on this is how I can wear it with my short hair. 
It will also go great with bittersweet loli.

Speaking of which, Bittersweet is something that I'm definitely going to get into more. They call it bittersweet because the prints are traditionally sweet prints, but they are in black backrounds. The black Jewelry Jelly that I have blogged about before is considered bitter sweet. I also wouldn't mind picking up a black Sugary Carnival or Milky Planet, both of which have gone down to reasonable prices since the release of Chess Chocolate this month. I actually found a black Milky Planet JSK on EGL last night for $350, which is about the original purchase price. Two months ago the same thing was going for nearly $600. I also found a Jewelry Jelly set (JSK, socks, bow), but it was in sax and not black. Not that I'd be afford it anyway :)


Also, I've decided to kind of kiss my brand "ban" to the wind. I've come to the realization that lolita makes me so happy, and AP is just such a huge part of it all. I can realistically do about 1 brand coordinate a season (every 3 months). I can also do cheaper coords in between, like I'm doing right now with the Bodyline soft cream.  Once I start getting a hold of more accessories (shoes, bags, socks), the coordination price will drastically drop. So yeah, I'm pretty excited. I am so fortunate to have a job and be able to pay all of my bills, and still have a little left over for my hobby. Lolita has taught me how to appreciate the small things in life. Who knew a fashion could do such a thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment