Monday, August 15, 2011

Nisei Week Meetup

 Back in May when I first started wearing lolita, I was terrified to go to a meetup alone, and wouldn't even think of taking public transit anywhere dressed up. However, I've come a long way in those two months. It took two years of researching the fashion, and two months of wearing it, and now I finally feel confident enough to say that I'm officially legitimate. Even in a discounted brand like bodyline....

So on Sunday I went to Little Tokyo to meet several local lolitas for Nisei week. I went by myself, and took the train in full blown OTT sweet lolita. I already knew who a lot of the girls were because of facebook, but never really met them in person. I was somewhat nervous about meeting everyone in person for the first time, but I was amazed at how easy it was to talk to them. I think lolita has helped me grow up in a sense, as I'm no longer shy like I was for most of my life. Anyway, thats a story for another time. Here are some of the photos that I've been tagged in. I didn't have a camera with me that day < I really need one!> So I'm taking these photos from my facebook friends.

I wore my Bodyline Soft Cream coord. I really like how my new makeup is so photogenic. 
Me and Holley, notice how we're wearing the same wig?
Holley, Judy and I. 
All of my new friends! 

Now for some candids!



The girl in the bear hat is Claudia of Kawaii Goods. She's so awesome in person! This photo is one of my favorites:
 

Lolita makeup closeup: 



Group shots:

In front of the beautiful Little Tokyo garden. 



Notice the Melty Chocolate bag on the girl next to me, I want it even more now that I've seen it in person:
This is my favorite group shot, because of how the light shines through the trees and makes us look like princesses. 


All in all, this was such a lovely experience. I made so many new friends, and am so happy by how nice and personable all the girls are. I'm sure one day I'll encounter some loli twats, but because I know how awesome most of these girls are, it won't even matter. 








No comments:

Post a Comment