Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Random late night post!!

I should be sleeping right now as I have a 14 hour day tomorrow, but I'm afraid I can't! 

So I started testing out my Melty Mermaid Princess coord today, as I got my wig in the mail. But I wanna blog about my upcoming trip first! 
My boyfriend won us a trip to Montana for an all inclusive stay at the Molboro ranch. I don't even know if I spelled Molboro right lol. Anyway, Andrew joined Molboro for all the free giveaways, and we just happened to win this trip. They give you a ton of free stuff, and they pay for everything! Food, airfare, alcohol, I am so stoked. They even give us a free camera, and since Andrew got one for his birthday, I'll likely be getting the new one. *yay!* It's going to be freezing in Montana as it is still January, but I can handle it!

Anyway, I started testing out my Melty Mermaid Princess coord today.  I ended up buying a wig from GLW's Farrah collection. I bought one called Showstopper. I was so stumped on which wig to buy for this coordinate, because I really wanted a whimsical looking one that I thought only the classics would be able to give me. Unfortuantely the only classic I wanted was sold out, so I decided on this. It's so beautiful in person, and I feel like I finally found a wig that compliments my facial shape. 

I also bought a $10 navy blue cardigan, that I'll be wearing over my sax blouse. I'll likely keep the 6% stars for my wig, but am still trying to think of a more oceanic theme for hair accessories. 

As for a purse, I am still stumped. I almost made a post on EGL with the full intention of begging other girls for help on picking a purse, but decided against it. I'll figure it out myself eventually!


Anyway, here's a quick, simple shot of my test run. 

I think my decision to deviate away from OTT sweet was a good one. Now that I'm 25, I want to feel beautiful as opposed to just, well, over the top! I may even have a buyer for my Candy Treat set *gasps* remember that!? I'll keep my bittersweet stuff, but I think my days of parading around in huge pink dresses and drag queen wigs are over. 



2 comments:

  1. With the stars in your hair it really looks mermaidish :D I think they look like starfishes. Maybe you can find something with corals and seashells?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely will be using seashells, and corals are a great idea, thanks!

      Delete