Monday, June 13, 2011

My first blog

Hello, though I don't know who I'm saying hello to as I have no readers.


My name is Sarah. Im in my mid twenties, and I got this blog because I stopped journal writing three years ago. I need some sort of outlet, and I think this could be it. I currently work as an administrator. I have two boxer dogs, one reverse brindle boy and one fawn girl. I love them both to death. I enjoy polymer clay art, and deco den. I am very interested in Lolita fashion, and my interest is border line obsession. I imagine that my blog will be mostly related to that. 


Over the last couple of weeks I've looked through many fashion blogs, and I find them quite interesting. My decision to start a blog like this was influenced by my fascination of looking at other girls blogging about their lives and their beautiful clothes. I have found a lot of lolita blogs very inspiring. I also find that a lot of Lolita's are deco artists, and their blogs give me new ideas for future projects. 


Before I even knew what Lolita was, I stumbled across The Gothic and Lolita bible at Vromans. I opened it up, by chance mind you, and liked what I saw. There were instructions for DIY chocolate covered strawberries, which I decided to try at home. They came out awful. That was two years ago. Ever since then, my creativity has expanded, and I now know how to bind jewelry and make hair pieces. I plan on opening an etsy shop this summer. 


My first actual attempt at Lolita was at Bats Day 2009, which is an annual event held at Disneyland. Looking back, I cringe at the thought of the outfit I wore. The dress I had on was a modified square dance dress. I wore only one petticoat, and knee socks over tights. I made clay donuts and ice cream cones to attach to my outfit. They were hand painted and awful. My wig was a terrible white Lady Gaga-ish thing. Thinking back, I have come to learn so much about the fashion just by reading other blogs.
This was my first ever attempt at Lolita, and I look terrible. Notice how I look ghostly with the wig.




My second attempt at Lolita wasn't all that great either. I bought a dress off of ebay, thinking I had found a great deal. It was $70 with shipping, and had a cute print on it. Later on, as I was researching Angelic Pretty's prints, I found out that I had a Milky Chan replica. I'm not a fan of replica's. Also, the dress didn't fit quite right on me, so my silhouette was off. I think I had too much poof.
 Here I am at a Japan LA event, where there were a few legit Lotias in attendance. I felt so out of place and uncomfortable, with my crappy Milky Chan replica. Once I learn how to use EGL comm sales I'm going to try and get rid of it.
This is the first meetup I ever went to, before I knew I was wearing a fake! This is why I think I'm too poofy. I was wearing one square dance petticoat and two cupcake petticoats. From now on I'm going to stick to one or two cupcakes.


I'm going to try and get rid of that wig also. It is too plain. I recently bought a wonderful wig from Gothic and Lolita wigs, which is so much better than the boring brunette one.


I am currently in the process of coordinating a mint Bodyline ensemble for Anime Expo. Bodyline is really wonderful for a girl like me. I don't particularly want to pay the high prices for Angelic Pretty and the other brands, and Bodyline has a few cute prints that can be worked with. However I am on the lookout for my dream AP print, Candy Treat. There was in the egl comm last week but by the time I saw it, it was too late.


Anyway, more to follow. Schools out next week, and I'm going to start preparing to open my Etsy shop. I'll post pictures of my jewelry then.



No comments:

Post a Comment