Wednesday, May 23, 2012

May Adventures

May has proven itself to be a good month!

I'm currently in the process of training for a new job. It's at the same place I work now, but is a lot more responsibility (and more pay!) I'm still in training though, so I will not count on that raise until I successfully pass.

On to the fun stuff.
A couple of weeks ago I went to lunch with a couple of folks from the LA Lolita community. We went to Royal T! The place is closing in August, so it was nice to get out there before it shuts its doors.

I wore a casual St. Mephisto's coord. I threw this together at the last minute, and I'm not pleased at how it turned out. I used pink and black to coordinate it with, but I feel like I could have used more lavender somewhere in the coord.

I wear it with a cardigan because I do not like how the front part of the jSK looks (ribboning, bows).
It just seems a bit boring with the cardigan. I definitely need to get this JSK tailored a little bit. I'm hoping my tailor will be able to remove the ribbons and bows, and maybe lengthen the straps a bit to make it longer.
Here's a group shot:


This last Saturday, there was a meetup at the Old Zoo at Griffith park. It was HUGE! There were girls there from all areas of Southern California. I had so much fun. I wore my Melty Mermaid Princess coord. I initially wanted to wear Amelia's Locket, but I lost the mint blouse i was going to wear with it.

Picture dump time!

This picture was taken by a professional photographer named Nelson. I believe he's married to a local lolita and he comes to most of the big meets. His work is AMAZING, though a little depressing. I wish I looked like I do in this picture normally!

Here's a group of us hiking through the park!


Sara's wearing St. Mephisto, she looked so pretty in it!



Aurora, Flora and I:


And this girl was wearing sax Wonder Story! She had so much poof. She said she got her petticoat for around $15 in the fashion district in LA, I'm gonna have to go check it out. 

The meetup was a swapmeet and pot luck. I brought a bunch of my stuff to sell, but only ended up selling my black bodyline soft cream skirt. Just to give you an idea of how big this meet was, here's a shot I took before it started to get really packed:



I am so glad I went, because I got to see all my old friends and meet a bunch more.

I am hoping I'll be able to go to Anime Expo in late June, it all depends on my new work schedule. However I will for sure be going to a small tea in Pasadena in June.







No comments:

Post a Comment